Friday, February 27, 2009

Mrs. Magoo: Guest Blog

Hi everybody! My name is Sophie (alias Mrs. Magoo), I’m thirteen years old, and I have a blog at www.mrsmagooreads.com. I started my blog in August of 2007, a month before my twelfth birthday. When I started, I had no idea that this teen book blogging community existed, and it was actually several months before I learned about it.

My blog has many of the standard features, such as reviews and author interviews/guest blogs. In addition to the reviews that I write, I have Mini Magoo Reviews (reviews for younger readers) and Mama Magoo Reviews (reviews for adults). You can read about those features here. I have author interviews/guest blogs weekly, in a feature I've titled "Saturday's Scribe". You can read a guest blog by Ellen Hopkins, author of Crank, here.

The feature that is unique to my blog- and thus my favorite- is Movie Monday. Every Monday, I make a video out of one of my reviews by reading the review out loud and then laying pictures on top of it. You can see an example- a review video of Thirteen Reasons Why- here. Starting this Monday, I'm also giving away a copy of the book that I make the video out of. This means that I'll be having weekly AND monthly contests, so if you like free books, be sure to visit! =)

Another thing I started this year: I'm keeping track of all the books I read by writing down the title and first line. The next month, I hold a poll where people can vote on the best first line. Click here to vote for January's best first line, and come back in a few days to vote on February's!

If you're a new blogger and need help, please feel free to contact me! I'd be really happy to help! My number one tip, though, is be friendly. Links around the blogosphere are important, and to get those, people need to like you and think of you as a friendly blogger. Also: come up with creative ideas. If your blog is special, it will attract more visitors.

I joined this amazing newsletter to do publisher spotlights. I hope to have the first one up within a couple of weeks, and I hope you enjoy them! =)

So if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section! I'm so excited to be joining this fabulous newsletter!

2 comments:

  1. thats so cool. i also have a blog. how do you get interviews and things such like that from authors? i have a lot of question so if you could contact me at happyfaces2@rocketmail.com.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete